Family Friday: 24 Weeks

Warning: Family Friday posts are an open and honest update of our pregnancy.  There will be references to lady parts, internal organs, and bodily functions.  There will also be photos of baby bumps and ultrasounds.  If any of this bothers you, please stop reading now.

24 Weeks

THE BABY:
 -  should weigh about 1.5 pounds
 -  has no pigment coloring her hair yet so it's white!
 -  has a fully developed inner ear now so she can tell if she's upside down or right side up
 -  is beginning to have rapid eye movement though the eyes remain closed


WEIGHT:  +12 pounds total.  My usual 1 pound gain again, although it came on much slower than usual this week.

BODY:  My waist is now at +4 inches, my lower belly is now at +4 inches, and my hips (thankfully) have remained the same at +1.5 inches.  I feel like my belly has noticeably popped more this week!  My feet are slowly starting to disappear from view.  The linea nigra on my lower belly is starting to become more noticeable.

THE GOOD:  1) Movement.  Baby G is a strong little girl and makes my belly bulge and move as she rolls, kicks, and punches.  2) No headaches this week... yay!!

THE BAD:  1) Movement.  As neat at it is, it's still no fun when Baby G squishes my bladder or settles as low as she possibly can in my pelvis.  2) Clothing.  My shirts are getting smaller belly is getting bigger and things are starting to fit awkwardly.  I have a trip back to the mainland for a wedding coming up soon and I have no idea what I'm going to be able to wear!

FOOD:  I've been eating a lot of grapes and bagels this week, but I have no strong cravings.  I haven't experienced any "I need to have it now" cravings yet that I've heard so many other pregnant women talk about.

EXERCISE:  My energy is still up and I feel good!  I went to Power Pump class twice and did some walking and biking on base this week.

OTHER NOTES:  Johnnie's family left on Sunday, Johnnie left for a long work trip on Monday morning, and my best friend, Renee, arrived for a week-long visit on Monday night.  Renee and I have known each other since 8th grade, that's almost 20 years now!  At this point, we are much more sisters than just friends.  Johnnie secretly arranged for Renee to come for this visit, knowing how much it would mean to both of us.  Isn't he the most thoughtful guy ever?!  The last time I saw Renee was January of 2011 when I was present for the birth of her first baby.  It is so special that she can spend time here with me now while I'm pregnant with my first!  We are having a great time exploring the island, relaxing, and catching up :)

*******
"Whether your pregnancy was meticulously planned, medically coaxed, or
happened by surprise, one thing is certain - your life will never be the same."
~Catherine Jones

1 comment:

  1. What a nice comments you have this week. I love the part of "no headaches" and Renee's visit. What a thoughtful and caring husbad our Lord gave you.
    Blessings and please take good care of yourself.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete