Family Friday: 29 Weeks

Warning: Family Friday posts are an open and honest update of our pregnancy.  There will be references to lady parts, internal organs, and bodily functions.  There will also be photos of baby bumps and ultrasounds.  If any of this bothers you, please stop reading now.

29 Weeks

THE BABY:
 -  could weigh up to three pounds now
 -  has increased nutritional needs due to rapid growth
 -  is putting on body fat and has more energy
 -  has billions of neurons developing in her brain every day

I'm a couple weeks into the third trimester now so I though it was about time for another progression collage :)  Looking at these photos, it seems that my belly grew fairly slowly until recently.  Look at the difference between week 23 and week 28!  Baby G was supposed to have doubled her weight in those weeks and it certainly looks like she did.


29 weeks

WEIGHT:  +16 pounds total.  Another one pound gain this week.  I am now officially at my "fat" weight.  I put on this much weight when I was in college way back when.  Unfortunately then it was all fat, whereas thankfully now it's a lot of baby stuff.  It feels weird seeing the scale this high again!  I know I may yet gain another 10 lbs, but at least it's for a good cause :)

BODY:  No changes in measurements this week.  My waist is still at +6 inches, my lower belly is still at +5 inches, and my hips are still at +2 inches.  My toes are now completely out of sight if I'm standing up and looking down.  My belly button is very shallow, working it's way to becoming an outie.  I still don't have any stretch marks (knock on wood!).

THE GOOD:  1) Movement.  Baby G is getting so big that when she changes positions, my whole belly changes shape and sometimes shakes my whole body!  I like to try to guess the hard body part I can feel when she pushes against the front of my belly.  2) Pregnancy Parking Spots.  Now that I look (and feel) so obviously pregnant, I love using the "Expecting Mother" spots that are available at some stores :)

THE BAD:  1) Headache. I believe that this was a direct result of my doctor's appointment, described below.  2) Heartburn.  It's a common occurrence no matter what I eat or drink.  3) Back pain.  I had about three straight days of really bad lower back and hip pain, but thankfully it went away.

FOOD:  I don't have much of an appetite but I still eat whenever my stomach growls.  Thanks to the glucose test this week, I'm turned off by sweets for a while.  I recently realized that there is one food aversion I still have... salads.  I used to love eating big leafy salads but during this whole pregnancy, a salad is the last thing I would pick to eat.

EXERCISE:  I didn't get to Power Pump this week because it coincided with my back pain and headache.  But I did go walking/jogging a few times!  Dulce and I wake up early and hit the jogging path around the new park by our house.  The track is exactly .25 miles so we alternate walking and jogging, with a belly support band to keep Baby G in place :)

OTHER NOTES:  I had a doctor's appointment this week.  Baby G is doing great but this appointment was really hard on me.  I had to have a Glucose Screening Test done and I needed another Rhogam shot because my blood is RH negative.  First I had three vials of blood drawn, then I had to chug a 10oz glucose drink (orange flavored liquid sugar), then wait an hour (during which time I got my Rhogam shot), and finally have one more vial of blood drawn.  I don't know if it was the drink, the shot, losing blood, or the combination of all three, but I felt awful when it was all done.  Within hours I had a pounding headache that continued to pound throughout the night (meaning no sleep) and all of the next day before subsiding.  I haven't heard anything as of yet about the results of the glucose test.  I hope that I passed because I do not want to go through that again!  

*******
"The most important thing she'd learned over the years was that there
was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one."
~Jill Churchill

4 comments:

  1. Glucose test was aweful for me to! Made me super sick for about a day. Oh my goodness. You are looking amazing! :) I didnt get stretch marks until about 2 weeks before Jalen was due!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan! I imagine I'll be getting some stretch marks eventually too. I've just been lucky so far :)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE your hair in week 23. I know this is about the bump, which is adorable. Seriously you are too cute for words, but I was also checking out your hair and thought I would give you my input ;) Can't wait to baby G's name and see some pics in a few weeks! Hi to Johnnie from us. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks! I like my hair that week too - I may have to do it like that more often :) Johnnie and I send a big Aloha greeting to you guys and hope you are all doing well!!

      Delete