Family Friday: Oct 19

6 Weeks Old



Cameron has met most of her immediate relatives via Skype in the past 6 weeks but this week she got to meet some in person.  Johnnie's parents and sister have arrived for a visit to see Cameron and to see Johnnie before he deploys.  This is the first grandchild for Johnnie's parents and they are certainly beaming with happiness :)


Cameron is still on a schedule of sleeping 2 to 3 hours at a time during the day and 4 to 4.5 hours at night.  This week she has shortened her middle-of-the-night nursing sessions to only 20 minutes.  The quicker she nurses, the quicker we can go back to bed!

We had a couple frustrating nights this week when Cam screamed from 10pm to 2am before finally falling asleep.  During that time she was spitting up a lot and the screaming always got worse right before stuff came up.  She also had a really red and raw bum for those few days as well which makes me think it was something I ate.  I have eliminated all dairy, spicy, and acidic foods from my diet lately and it seems to have worked.  No more screaming fits and her bum is better.  I hope it stays that way!


We had our first trip to the beach with Cameron this week.  We took Cam and Dulce to the dog beach on base.  I stayed with Dulce on the beach and Johnnie took Cameron for a walk.  It was so nice getting out in the sunshine and fresh air... something I haven't done much of in the past 6 weeks.


It was high tide so the water was a little too deep for Dulce's liking.  It's actually still shallow at high tide, she's just a chicken :)  She came in the water with me but wouldn't leave my side.  


We stayed and watched the sunset... something else we need to do more often :)


I really love my husband 



We also had our first restaurant outing with Cameron this week.  Johnnie's family spent the day downtown so we met them for dinner at Gordon Biersch which is a great waterfront restaurant and brewery with open-air seating at the Aloha Tower Marketplace.  My whole life is consumed by the baby right now so I love getting the chance to go out and have a nice meal in a public setting.

In case you didn't know, the wooden highchairs that most restaurants have can be flipped upside down and then they hold a carseat perfectly :)


It's been 6 weeks since the birth so Cameron and I worked out this morning for the first time!  Okay, technically I worked out and she slept but it was still nice having her with me :)  There is a Stroller Strides workout class on our base that meets three days a week.  This is a group of women with strollers and small children who are led by an instructor through an hour-long workout.  There were 20 women there today and it was a lot of fun!  We started in one park and did some exercises, walked or jogged to the next park and did more exercises, and continued this pattern until we had been to five different spots and worked our whole body.

I haven't done any exercise for the past 6 weeks.  My lower body felt great but my upper body felt like jello!  It was too difficult to even use the resistance bands for the arm work so I simply moved my arms without the bands and that was tough enough!  My chest was another issue.  I definitely need to wear a tighter sports bra next time because things are too enlarged and sensitive from breastfeeding to be bouncing around during jumping jacks and sprints.  My heart rate jumped high very quickly which tells me that I have lost some of my cardiovascular fitness.  I look like I'm in shape but I'm really not.  I hope it doesn't take long to get back to where I was.

One of my goals in life to set a good example for our children and encourage them to stay fit and healthy and to enjoy exercise.  I'd love for our kids to join me at workout classes and running events someday!



*******
"Fathers, be good to your daughters
Daughters will love like you do
Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers, be good to your daughters too"
~John Mayer

No comments:

Post a Comment