Family Friday: Feb 22

24 Weeks Old



I'm not a morning person but seeing Cameron in the morning is one of my favorite things.  When she wakes up, she wiggles out of her swaddle and then happily coos, talks, and giggles to herself for a long while.  I'll always lay in bed and watch/listen on the baby monitor because it's so cute.

When I finally go into her room, I'll open the curtains to let in some light and then lean over her crib and talk to her for a few minutes.  She is non-stop HUGE smiles when she sees me in the morning.  It reminds how lucky and blessed I am to have her in my life.





There were two times this week that I woke to Cameron's usual coos and giggles over the monitor and when I went to her room, she was her usual happy smiling self...  but it was 4:30am!  She obviously thought it was morning and time to wake up.  I swaddled her a little tighter, turned her Sleep Sheep on, and thankfully she fell back asleep for a few more hours each time.  Crazy girl :)


Cameron is getting better holding her own bottle.  She grabs it out of my hands and puts it in her mouth before we even sit down.  She is also getting better at putting her pacifier in her mouth all by herself.  I really think that she simply aims for her face, hoping that it will hit her mouth, because sometimes things go up her nose or in her eye :)


Cameron is becoming mobile!  She's not technically crawling yet but she can move across the floor by wiggling her body and pushing with her feet.  She is a very determined little girl so it won't be long before she's crawling around.


Cameron will happily stay on her belly for up to 10 minutes now but still gets "stuck" and frustrated at times.  In the photo below, she started crying and Dulce came over and laid down next to her - perhaps trying to comfort her in some way?  It didn't help any but it was a sweet gesture :)  Watching the two of them together, it's obvious that Dulce respects and cares about Cameron.


This week we took Dulce to the Hickam dog beach.  It was low tide (late afternoon) and Dulce had a blast bolting around in the wet sand.  This is the first time I've been here since before Johnnie left.  Cameron seemed to enjoy the sights and sounds, looking out from her comfy sling.  It was good for all of us to get some fresh air and sunshine.






*******
"The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea."
~Karen Von Blixen-Finecke

1 comment:

  1. She is so...pretty and has the most beautiful smiles. I have to say that reminds me of Johnnie and Jennie, always waking up smiling at me. Precious moments like these live in you heart forever. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete